Ocu-Drops is Ecsponent Biotech’s flagship product. These eye drops, in the form of an autologous serum, offer a therapeutic approach for the treatment of severe ocular surface disorders (corneal epithelial defects).
- Highest quality – produced in a GMP quality laboratory
- Convenient – use any Ampath facility country
- Safe – low volume blood collection
- Fast – turnaround time of seven-working days
- Natural – as close to your own natural tears & free of preservatives
- Non-allergenic – no added chemicals
Autologous serum is made from your own blood. In other words, the donor and the recipient are the same person. Red blood cells and clotting factors are removed from your blood, leaving behind blood serum. This serum is then diluted with a sterile, preservative-free solution to produce a tear substitute that is unique to you.
Ocu-Drops contain nutrients, normally found in healthy tears, along with many important growth factors. These unique eye drops are by nature non-allergenic and their biomechanical and biochemical properties are similar to normal tears.
‘Corneal epithelial defect’ is one of the most commonly occurring ocular pathologies in the general patient population. If you suffer from any of the below conditions Ocu-Drops may be beneficial to you:
- Corneal dryness (dry eyes)
- Neurotrophic cornea
- Mechanical trauma
- Post-surgery (Lasik or cataract)
- Your ophthalmologist or optometrist will write you a prescription for a three-month supply of Ocu-Drops;
- To prepare your personalised treatment, you will need have your blood drawn at any Ampath facility countrywide;
- The laboratory will contact you to complete the request form and pay the applicable fees within 24 hours;
- Your blood will be processed, tested and prepared in our specialist laboratory;
- Your three-month supply will be couriered to your door, on dry ice, within seven-working days.
Lazaron Biotechnologies (SA) Ltd is South Africa’s oldest and most experienced umbilical cord blood and tissue stem cell storage service. The company was founded in 2005 after the development of the technology at the Stellenbosch University by well-known stem cell researcher, Professor Daniel Barry and his research team.
Cryo-Save was established in 2000, has been active in the stem cell industry for more than 15 years and is the largest private family stem cell storage bank in Europe and Africa.
Ecsponent Limited and Cryo-Save’s holding company, Esperite, entered into a joint venture to acquire the rights for Cryo-Save in South Africa. Cryo-Save’s high-tech laboratory in Pretoria is the largest of its kind in the whole of Africa, providing top level umbilical cord stem cell processing and storage services.
Cryo-Save South Africa offers both local and international storage options in either South Africa or Europe, for both cord blood and cord tissue. Lazaron Biotechnologies is now administered by Cryo-Save South Africa.
Salveo Swiss Biotechnology was introduced to the South African market following a joint venture agreement between Ecsponent Limited and international biotechnology group, Esperite. The group acquired the rights for Salveo Swiss Biotechnology to further entrench the two shareholders’ dominance of the local market and to offer South African parent a world-class service stem cell storage that is both affordable and sustainable.
Headquartered in Switzerland and with a footprint in over 40 countries across three continents, Esperite is a leader in its field and has been awarded a Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) accreditation, the highest level of accreditation for a laboratory of its kind.
Due to its association with Esperite, Salveo is governed by the protocols and procedures of Europe’s largest stem cell bank and the renowned Swiss quality ingrained in every aspect of the business to ensure consistent quality.